Friday, July 4, 2014

French Fried Vegetables By Grandma Rose

I have an issue with my batter sliding off my veggies
when I try to batter fry them. I think this recipe has just
the little tweak that keeps it on. Whipped Egg Whites.
It is a basic recipe with a great flavor that will complement
all veggies and dipping sauces.

For those of you that know me I will tweak it and make it my own.
This recipe came from a 1978 cook book given to me at an estate sale
of one of my neighbors last week.
it is called:
Grandma Rose's Book of
Sinfully Delicious
Snacks, Nibbles, Noshes, & other Delights

by Rose Naftalin

ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. dill weed
3 eggs, separated
1/2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 cup beer
2 Tbsp. water

Directions:
In a bowl combine flour, salt, sugar & dill weed.
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
Add the yolks & liquids, blend well.
Beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold into batter.

I fried up Thick slices of Ichiban Eggplant
Green Tomatoes, & a green bell pepper.

The batter worked equally well on all items and was
delicious with Catsup and a Greek cucumber sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to check out my thoughts.
Come back soon.