Sunday, May 19, 2013

Worm Casting Tea

Zounds Yummy I Know...LOL
but it is a great nutritional supplement for your plants. It starts as otherwise known Vermiposting, I cannot compost out of doors in a binm too many critters to speak of contaminating my pile (Cough...Cough...Da^**ed Felinus Americanaus). So I compost all my organic stuffs in an old chest style freezer, it is good summer or winter to break down into a rich black plant Nom Nom.
It actually just started as a compost bin but worms came and now I vermipost. for the tea I dry a good 2 1/2 gal spread onto a burlap sack in the sun. and then I package in coffee filters for small batches.
For when I run out I put my burlap sack in a cocacola crate, fill halfway with fresh worm castings/vermipost and let water run thru slowly to fill a five gallon bucket. Water plants as usual to seep the nutrients into the root systems.

I have run a hard very concentrated mix before (worm Sun Tea) which I cut and aerate with my jet stream attachment onh my hose end sprayer, I do a 50/50 split
Heres a pic of my Dark Mix



This type of fertilization is beneficial for the experienced and unexperienced gardeners, you can't burn your plants with this, it's all natural, inexpensive, and you are creating better soil for the gardens of your future. Feed the Earth, Feed YourSelf.

Green It Forward
EarthSource Services

Find us on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/earthsourceservicessc7

and on Twitter
@HerbGir1972

Have a Nice Day ~V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to check out my thoughts.
Come back soon.