Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I Wormapost

I cannot tell you how much organic refuse we create in this day at my household.
In an attempt to eat better, we do make a fair amount of refuse.
In having to peel certain superstore purchased foods due to commercial coatings.
But alas I have employed several thousand refuse workers to tend to this problem.
Thankfully I came into a broken large chest style freezer.
Here is where the magic takes place.
I simply feed my workers in a box formation from corner to corner covering each weeks
organic refuse.
These amazing creatures supply me with plenty of nutrient rich material for all my
gardening needs.

It is possibly the easiest and quickest way to recycle into usable composted material.
If you have leaves and grass clippings, they love them too.
I even add a little bit of shredded black and white newspaper from time to time to buffer the
wettness. It mseems to keep things at a consistant state and adds a little bulk.
I have a complete a - z listing of Composting Do's and Donts
I wouldn't give anything to my worms you couldn't regualrly compost safely.

My worms are getting a kick this week with a little starbucks coffee grounds.
I intend to give them a 25 gallon bucket of houre manure too.
I like to give things a good feed inthe beginning of July, to make them stronger for the
harsher, everchanging weathers of SC.

check out this site for that information
http://buffy6900.tripod.com/id10.html

Weak Wormy Tea is excellent for watering your seedlings. Make them happy from the start

I am going to try and get a pic to add here before the day is through ;)

Green It Forward
EarthSource Services
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to check out my thoughts.
Come back soon.