Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Tiny Trees on a Tray

I've seen similar trees in one of my favorite catalogues for years at quite exhorbant pricing and had a little leftover oasis this year and decided What The Hey!

The most worrysome part of this project is cutting the oasis, it's dusty and messy (wet or dry) but it is so worth it in the end. I was going to Just Do It and have my kids oh and ahh and that be the end of it. But I put my 5 1/2 yr old daughter in charge and it was just the right kind of project for her.
I cut the stems (branches) all the right size and just let her go at it, and it's one of the most perfect decorations in our house. (both to look at & for fragrance)
And will be as much as a tradition in the future as making Gingerbread houses.

The oasis I had was in a square portion but you may be able to purchase cones and spheres as well.
So I recycled the old Oasis and cut it down into triangular shaped forms. (Shown here)Soaking in a bowl of water.


Arborvitae required quite a bit of branches. But was fun all the more.
We started from the bottom & worked our way up. We had to have longer stems for the damaged parts of the oasis.



Fraiser Fir was quite sappy & sticky
I plan to let my youngest finish up the boxwood tree tomorrow whilst I start the Holiday Baking.

Watch for homemade Grasshopper Cookies Recipe

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to check out my thoughts.
Come back soon.