Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Victoria's Healthier Cookie

Well this recipe was born because
Dates was the new taste of the week for the little
one, & I wanted something different under my
Strawberry Shortcake.

I also had a small amount of green smoothie that I didn't want to waste

So here are
My Cookies



Ingredients:

2 slight c flour
3/4 c sugar
1/2 c chopped dates
1 c rolled oats
1c chopped pecan

1/4 c raisins
1/2 c leftover green smoothie (ours was almond milk, chard, strawberries, & apple)
1/2 c coconut oil soft not liquid (can use margarine if you must = 1 stick)
1 med banana smashed

Preheat oven to 350

Put dry ingredients in bowl & mix well
(tip: coating the raisins, dates, & nuts in flour help keep them from sinking in cookies. Perfect disrtbution in cooked cookie top to bottom)
Add wet ingredients.
Mix together & spoon 1 tablespoon full mounds onto greased cookie sheet
cook for 10 minutes, then flip pan (around not over) & cook for 12 more mins
(Tip always rotate cookie pans for even cooking.)
(Tip: Always watch new recipies your oven temps my vary from original)

These get a crispy edge on the bottom & golden on the top.
They're cakey, chewy, & crisp all at the same time.
Plus the fresh ingredients, look at the healthy you're getting.

I made these up to replace the cake part of strawberry shortcakes one night.
Great breakfast cookie, quite healthy.

I think this batter would make a good mini muffin too.

I plan on leaving mine out tonight so I can crumble it into my Greek Yogurt in the morning.



Please let me know if you try this and love it.
Watch for flavor tweaks.
Keep it Green
http://gofundme.com/keepteamessfree
~V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to check out my thoughts.
Come back soon.