Friday, December 7, 2012

Memory Cards


Happy Holidays Folks
Although this was my first draft for this years Christmas card I thought it was really cute. I have never done the lettering, other than normal text on any of my cards up until this point, but now I have so many Ideas of thigs to try, Look out kiddos.
Alot of folks will wait all year to get their Family photos done for their Christmas cards, I say why wait, you can use any memory from the past year for a stunning Christms card. With a little practice you can even cut and paste and creat your own Mad World Style Family Portrait. I have one I am working on with a found photograph, but I will not spoil the surprise....;)
Each year Ihave been placing my children by a christmas tree (and I probably will until they are tooold) snapping a few shots off and taking the best shot. This year we were lucky enough to be in town while the tree lighting was going on and we took advantage of some of the surrounding decor. I used a very simply photo enhancing program for this years card (Photostudio 5 by Kodak), took my about 30 minutes.
I have done the photo cards but there is just somethng about getting an actual honest to goodness card that opens with a message. Yep, I am one of those...LOL.

It's fun, inexpensive, you can turn it into an event and do something or go somewhere new. I know I keep all the photo cards I recieve each year, right along with the rest of my kids photos and they usually end each album I create.

(And yse I do ask for photo albums with documentation sides each year so I can keep up with all the times we have to take a snap. I use a Canon EOS RebelT3


This snap was taken after The Newberry, SC Christmas Parade at the Civil War Reenactment Camp at the DeWalt House 2012, They gave a very informative and elegant historical lesson as part of their tour for the 2012 Parade of Homes.
I hope you all take the time to capture the moments that alot of folks allow to pass by. Love, Light, and Happiness thru the holiday season

2 comments:

  1. I apologize for the typos, I decided to pop something out at 4a.m.
    I hope you enjoy and found this entry useful.
    ~Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see how others work out their ideas for memory cards...share at my Facebook business page
    EarthSource Services
    Greening it Forward

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to check out my thoughts.
Come back soon.