Friday, December 28, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

We make 'em
We Break 'Em
What will you attemp this year? How about keeping your Resolutions...
Ours is easy and I have eased my family into it a little through 2012, we are going to live Greener...
Can you believe we saved over $200 in hair products this year by changing to a No Poo attitude

My hair is a little more Auburn than it is naturally brown because I work in the sun, and no matter what I shield it with it still gets the effects of the UV rays. It also has gained quite a bit of natural sparkle in the crown from this year, and a few extra over this Christmas...LOL
To become No Poo simply use baking soda and vinegar
I use a squeezie Catsup type bottle (I bought a set from the dollar store)
This takes the place of shampoo
Mix 1 Oz Baking soda into bottle and fill with water. Shake each time to redistribute soda. This is used to cleanse the scalp you do not use alot especially once you get the hang of it.
This takes the place of conditioner
Mix 1 Oz Vinegar in the same fashion as the baking soda, (I use apple cider vineger)
Use this on the strands more than the scalp, this will smooth the shaft of the hair and make it smooth. Rinse it out...
Some folks have an issue with vinegar smell, I do not really smell it because you are using it in such a diluted amount, but because I do work out of doors I use a natural conditioning element after I towel dry my hair a little.
Pure Shea Butter (I find mine at the local Kim's Beauty Supply (Raw 100% African Shea Butter) it's like $7.99 a pound and lasts forever.
You can put a small amount in your hand and rub it till it melts and is easily distributed through your hair, this is another try and see, start with a small amount then work up to more if you need it. It has a pleasant smell, and has seemed tomak the vinegar for most who have tried it.

This is the greenest way I have found to take care of my hair, I can't explain with a picture how good and healthy my hair feels, it has not felt this good for 20 years...I am glad I tried it and you will be too. You'll also like having a little more money left over for better quality foods, or maybe even extra spending money for a special vacation. Or even take a weekender on the savings;)

Going Green with your foods, super easy, Buy Local, do a search for the farmers markets in your areas, it really is that simple. Or even better grow it yourself, or maybe just some, and supplement with other local growers wares.
Take a look at our Garden from 2012

This garden fed several families, during the growing season, and I have collards, kale, squash, peppers, pumpkin, and tomatoes in the freezer for the next couple of months. Now counting the Sauash pickles I sold, and Apple and Pumpkin butters I gave as gifts this past year. Oh and did I mention we found out just how wildly delicious HUBBARD SQUASH was...OMG.

This is where I work, Chappell's Nursery & Garden Center, 1629 WIlson Road, Newberry, South Carolina, find us on Facebook. We carry the Gold Standard, Local Organic Produce...Even in the winter under the hoop houses. What I don't grow at home we grow here and had great success with potatoes, lettuces, eggplants, tomatoes, beans, and more and more.
This is a picture of a educational visit fromone of the local elementary schools around Mothers Day. They learned about how things grow, and then took home a great flowering Mother's Day gift they planted themselves ;)

How will you try to go green in 2013
it is as simple as making sure to turn the light off when you leave the room...
A little hardeer, Remember to eat well and even recycle your scraps (But that'll be another blog)
Go even further, eat healtheir by Growing it yourself, start small it's addictive and you will not believe the difference in the flavor.

Just a final photo for you as I am reminiscing over 2012
These were a great fun thing to grow this year and I have a mission to get everyone to grow One Pumpkin Plant this year coming, stop by my Business page on FaceBook and click going If you need seed I can get you a few for a SASE.

Hubbard Squash June 2012

Hope you allhave a nice Weekend
I have a little bit to get ready for the new year so I am gonna try to push a Blog each day...Give me some feedback, any questions I'll do my best to answer as long as they are in my zones of expertise
Be Blessed ~V


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to check out my thoughts.
Come back soon.