Saturday, December 29, 2012

Seasonal Delight ~ Pecans


Well I had written a great blog this morning right off the top of my hed, fueled with the nutritional factoids, USA to CHina import info, and more but all my text dissappeared as I signed off...WTH

Anyway here is the recipie that I cooked up last night when I needed something to make our ordinary salad special

Hot Sweet Sticky Nuts

2 C. Pecans, freshly shelled is best
1 Tbsp. Butter
1/3 C. sugar, white, in the raw, brown (Your preference)
sprinkle of salt.

if so desired:
cayenne or favorite hot pepper for HOT
nutmeg for DELISH

How To:
Put cold frying pan onto cold stove, add margarine and sugar to pan, turn on to Med/High heat.
When the butter starts to melt, add pecans, spread so there is a even layer in the pan and let sit for one minute.
Stir pecans to cover nuts, and let set another minute after spreading to even layer in pan.
(it is important to keep nuts moving in pan because their oil will start to release and they will burn)
keep stiring and let them set for about 8 minutes, then spread in pan and add a sprinkle of sale over all.and stir again.
On this last turn around in the pan is the time you decide on your last flavorings and add, I suggest you start out light and add to taste.
At this point you should be able to smell the pecans, this time after your final stir is the time to spread in the pan, and remove from heat to let cool a bit.
I always spread in the pan, remove from heat, then come back in a few minutes and stir again to break into individual pieces, other wise they may stink into large chunks that willhave to be broken up later and it kind of disturbs the prettiness of the nuts when you have tobreak them apart.

These are delisious for a party, for gifting, addition to a salad instead of croutons. Even as a topping or internal addition to salads. Always cook in small batches as not to burn the nuts.

I hope you enjoy this
Eat Healthy and Deliciously
~V

I will blurb my other thoughts in another blog, of like messages, of the original this morning. I don't know why it all just went away, Oh I love technology...LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to check out my thoughts.
Come back soon.